We strive to ensure that all players receive the highest level of coaching possible. Our NPL coaches are all holders of the FFA/AFC ‘C’ Licence or higher, while our community coaches hold a mixture of FFA-accredited community and advanced qualifications. The club’s programs are overseen by a qualified and dedicated operational team.
Club Technical Director
Adam Piddick holds the position of Club Technical Director and has been Head Coach of the Senior Men’s team since 2018. In addition, Adam oversees the development pathway of Junior NPL to ensure the club’s future success.
Prior to joining Port Melbourne, Adam was the Senior Head Coach of Moreton Bay United in the Queensland NPL, finishing runner-up in the Grand Final for 2017.
Adam is currently studying for the prestigious FFA/AFC Professional Diploma.
Head of Women’s Football
John Turnbull is the Head of Women’s Football and coach of our State League 3 Women’s side.
An FFA ‘C’ Licence accredited coach, John is one of 50 Football Victoria ‘Change Makers‘, a collaboration with Victoria University which works with clubs to make tangible improvements and opportunities for women & girls, with the aim of achieving 50/50 representation.
John brings a football philosophy which complements Technical Director Adam Piddick’s brand of high technical / positive football and sporting club culture.
Head of MiniRoos
Steve is a former professional goalkeeper who has played at the highest level, turning out for English Premier League sides West Ham United, Crystal Palace and Wolverhampton Wanderers. He has also represented Australia at U23 level.
An FFA/AFC ‘A’ licence holder, Steve’s coaching experience includes 9 years working with the first team at A-League side Melbourne Victory.
Here at Port Melbourne he oversees the development of our MiniRoos program, which caters for both boys and girls aged 5-12 years of age.
Latest Coaching News
- Coaching 2021 – Senior Women Expressions of InterestJoin our Senior Women’s coaching team. Port Melbourne Soccer Club is looking for a coach for our State League 4 women’s side to round out our Senior Women’s coaching team for 2021. Our ideal candidate has prior success in coaching players through the ‘skill acquisition’ phase of their development. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to … Continue reading Coaching 2021 – Senior Women Expressions of Interest
- Coaching 2021 – Expressions of InterestPort Melbourne Soccer Club is seeking dedicated coaches for the 2021 season, who are looking to take their skills to the next level. U13 – U16: A to C licence required U18 – U20 – A or B licence required. Work with talented players from our strong youth development program with support from Head of … Continue reading Coaching 2021 – Expressions of Interest
- Steve Mautone, Head of Mini-Roos 2020PMSC is excited to announce the appointment of Steve Mautone as Head of Mini-Roos for season 2020. Steve formally the assistant to Kevin Muscat at Melbourne Victory will bring an enormous amount of experience and coaching ability to the Port Melbourne Soccer Club. PLAYING CAREER: NSL with Morwell Flacons and Sth Melbourne. Socceroos. UK with … Continue reading Steve Mautone, Head of Mini-Roos 2020
- Coaching 2020 – EOINPL Coaching U12 to U18, 2020 expression of interest. Port Melbourne are looking for dedicated coaches who would like to work with and coach talented kids. Please email your interest and CV to email@example.com
- Women’s Assistant Coach – Marcus HensleyAs we continue preparations for the 2019 season, we’re delighted to announce that Marcus Hensley will be joining the Sharks as women’s assistant coach. An imposing presence on the touchline, Marcus joins us from Kings Domain FC, whose women’s SL4 side he helped guide to promotion last season. Welcome Marcus! #ThisGirlCan #WomensSoccer #Melbourne #PortMelbourne